25 June 2026

Diary Extract 59 1761 June 25

Lord's Day June 25 Our dear pastor being recovered, I have this day had the privilege to hear him and to sit down with my brethren at the Lord's table. I have been entertained at that feast of fat things which the Lord hath prepared in his holy mountain, Ps xxv.6. In this mountain his hand shall rest, namely the hand of his power to protect and preserve us and his goodness to provide for us. The Lord blessed the provision of his table to me. I was led to see more of my unworthiness so that I could esteem any one of my brethren better than myself. O Lord hold thou me up and I shall be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diary Extract 66 July 25

Spectator 1788 Saddhiyama, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons July 25 I have spent the greatest part of my vacant time this week in readin...