29 June 2026

Diary Extract 60 1761 June 29

Monday June 29 This morning I lost some precious time in sleep.

Dull sleep, alas! confines my powers
And robs me of my morning hours
The saints of old before 'twas day
Would often meditate and pray
Assist me Lord like them to rise
And pay my morning sacrifice.

In the holy exercise of meditation I have this day found great delight. I hope I can say, as David did Ps cxix.103, How sweet are thy words unto my taste, yea sweeter than honey to my mouth.The company of religious friends also afforded me much satisfaction. I am happy in possessing many companions who fear God and keep his precepts. But a particular detail of all God's benefits towards me in providence and grace is impossible; it will be my delightful employ to recount them through the endless ages of eternity. Amen. Even so come Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diary Extract 66 July 25

Spectator 1788 Saddhiyama, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons July 25 I have spent the greatest part of my vacant time this week in readin...