18 June 2026

Diary Extract 58 1761 June 18

June 18 In the afternoon I was present at the funeral of a child. Mr Crabtree being a little recovered spoke something very suitable to the occasion from Mark vii.37. He hath done all things well. He first showed that whatever God does must from his nature and character be right in itself and then instanced in several particulars some of the Divine dispensations towards us in which we are brought to see however contrary they may be to carnal reason that the Lord hath done well. One instance I remember was this. It is well done of the Lord when he denies us some things that we passionately breathe for. I think I have had some experience of this and I wish I may often keep it in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diary Extract 66 1761 July 25

Spectator 1788 Saddhiyama, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons July 25 I have spent the greatest part of my vacant time this week in readin...