Tuesday July 21 I have been deeply affected in considering myself as a creature possessed of an immortal soul that must exist for ever, either in happiness or misery. May I be diligent in making my calling and election sure and solicitous every day to make some advances in knowledge and holiness.
This blog is about the 18th century Baptist pastor, hymn writer and theologian John Fawcett
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diary Extract 66 July 25
Spectator 1788 Saddhiyama, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons July 25 I have spent the greatest part of my vacant time this week in readin...
-
Tuesday, April 15 This day I composed some verses, applicable to the present state of our church; intended to be sung at our meeting to-morr...
-
Wednesday, July 23 This day my mind has been closely engaged in meditating upon God's Word, in which I was very comfortable, and also in...
-
Saturday, July 27 1 was in the morning weak and poorly in body ; but, blessed be God, not destitute of comfort. In reading Job i. in Clarke...
No comments:
Post a Comment