24 April 2026

Diary Extract 53 1761 April 24

Saturday April 24 Being extremely weak and sickly I was much refreshed about noon with the good creatures of God of which I have known no want. Blessed be the Lord for this mercy. Thou hast remembered thy word unto thy servant upon which thou didst cause me to hope. They that seek the Lord shall want no good thing.
In the afternoon I thought I had not sufficiently felt and lamented the discouraging situation of our society. O Lord, I confess my sin to thee for though thy hand has been lifted up, I have not seen nor considered it so as to grieve as I ought to have done for the afflictions of our church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diary Extract 66 July 25

Spectator 1788 Saddhiyama, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons July 25 I have spent the greatest part of my vacant time this week in readin...